Warren Buffett Scholarship 2019: This scholarship is given annually to children who are doing well in school and want to study business. He has created some foundations that help to award these scholarships. He also wants to encourage children who can not go to school. These universities scholarships are sometimes the only way for a child to obtain the desired education.
Individuals can help to sponsor these scholarship funds at any time, and they will realize that Warren usually talks about it because he thinks it is necessary. He spends a large part of his fortune on charity and wants to give more to children than any other person. These children have no way of protecting themselves, but they can use a scholarship to go to school and change their lives.
About Warren Buffett foundation scholarships
Warren Buffett has given a lot of money to help children to learn. They can also come to work in the future because they give them such a good perspective.
The Buffett Foundation is a nonprofit organization formed in 1964 by Warren Buffett, the financial and industrial arm of Omaha, Nebraska, to manage its generous gifts.
Later, the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation was renamed in honor of his wife Susan Buffett, who died in 2004.
In 2014, the Buffet Foundation ranked fourth among family foundations after grants were paid. The Foundation invests heavily in reproductive health and family planning around the world, including significant investments in abortion and contraception.
According to Mother Jones, the foundation is known for its focus on access to abortion and the “secret”. Often, they only appear as an “anonymous donor”.
What You Need To Know About Warren Buffett Scholarship
Initial scholarships will be awarded to new candidates based in Nebraska, to Nebraska high school graduates who are considering attending a public college in Nebraska and who also have a financial need.
The number of scholarships is limited so that the Foundation will not be able to award all eligible candidates.
The scholarship is open to US citizens wishing to attend a university in Nebraska.
Warren Buffett College Scholarship Eligibility.
To be eligible for a scholarship from the Susan T. Buffett Foundation, a student must:
- Be a resident of Nebraska
- Residency is determined by the college where you enroll
- For questions about your residency status, here is a list of contact numbers
- Graduate from a Nebraska high school or earn a Nebraska GED
- Achieve at least a 2.5 cumulative unweighted GPA in high school
- 2.5 on a 4 point scale
- 83 on a 100 point scale
- Be a first-time freshman when entering college
- Students obtaining dual enrollment credits in high school are still eligible to apply
- Plan to attend a Nebraska public college:
- Nebraska Community Colleges – CCC, MCC, MPCC, NECC, SCC, or WNCC;
- Nebraska State College System – Chadron State, Peru State, Wayne State; or
- University of Nebraska – NCTA, UNK, UNL, UNMC, or UNO
- Be in need of financial assistance in order to attend college
- Note: Students do not need to be Pell Grant eligible to qualify
- Students must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $10,000
- To calculate your EFC, use the 2019-2020 College Funding Estimator
All Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ONGOING | Maryland Hispanic Gala $2,000 Scholarship 2019
- Warren Buffett Scholarship 2019
- UNICAF Scholarship 2019
- HEC Indigenous Scholarship For 5000 Pakistani Students 2019
- Dora scholarship Estonia- Tallinn University of Technology 2019
- NLNG Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerian Students To Study In UK
All eligible applications are reviewed and scored. Selection is based on:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Personal essay
- Strength of recommendations
All completed applicants receive emailed decision notifications by May 1 ~
How To Apply For The Warren Buffett College Scholarship
FAFSA & SAR
To be considered for this Scholarship, you ought to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and obtain a Student Aid Report (SAR).
The year 2019 / 2020 FAFSA is available October 1st, and you must receive your 2019 – 2020 SAR and also upload it to the scholarship application prior to the 1st February 5 pm CST/4 pm MST deadline.
Step One (1): Get an FSA ID
To complete the FAFSA online, you are expected to have an FSA ID. If you are a dependent student, you and a parent/guardian each need an FSA ID.
Kindly click here >
Step Two (2): Complete the FAFSA
To obtain the FAFSA Click here >.
For the year 2019 – 2020 FAFSA, you and/or your parent/guardian(s) should use 2017 taxes.
The FAFSA is being processed within 3 to 5 days but can vary at peak times.
To verify the status of your FAFSA, click here > and log in as a returning user.
Step Three (3): Receive the SAR
As soon as the government processes your FAFSA, you will definitely receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).
This report will be sent to colleges and you must download and attach it to the scholarship application.
Note: Only the year 2019 – 2020 SAR will be accepted. Copy of your application information will NOT be accepted, nor will we accept a copy of your submission confirmation.
After completing your FAFSA online, you will receive a notification email that your SAR is available.
Click here > to log in as a returning user, and select “View Your Student Aid Report.” Then save the SAR as a Portable Document File (PDF).
After completing your PDF or paper FAFSA, you will receive a paper copy of your SAR in the mail.
NOTE: Receiving the SAR via e-mail takes longer, so plan in advance. You should scan the paper SAR and save it as a PDF.
Step Four (4): Upload the SAR
Login to your scholarship application, then go to the Student Aid Report page and then upload the SAR PDF file.
Submit the entire application by 1st February 5 pm CST/4 pm MST.
Application Requirements For Warren Buffett Scholarship
The requirements for the online application are as follows:
- Application forms
- Two recommendations
- Student Aid Report
- High school transcript
- Essay- Compose an essay of One thousand to one thousand five hundred (1000 – 1500) words that help us to understand more about you and your life. It is significant to address all of the following questions/topics throughout the essay:
- Tell us about two (2) or three (3) of your most meaningful accomplishments or times when you were overconfident of yourself (personal, academic, family, work or other activities). Why are these meaningful? How do these accomplishments /experiences relate to your future goals?
- What are the things you are passionate about? How do you share this passion with others? How does this passion prove up in your life?
- How are you involved in giving back to others and/or the community? What does giving back mean to you?
- Let us know about a challenge or obstacle you have faced. What did you learn from it? How does this challenge or obstacle still impact on your life?
- Is there anything else you would like for us to know about you?
Warren Buffett Scholarship deadline
Not yet Available