Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2020-2021: The Stanbic IBTC 2020 Scholarship Programme, geared towards encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates, is open to students who participated in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have just gained admission into any of the tertiary institutions.
Stanbic IBTC Holdings, commonly referred to as Stanbic IBTC, is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension, and trustee businesses. Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a financial services giant based in South Africa. Standard Bank is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings operations in 20 African countries and 13 countries outside Africa
The foremost end-to-end financial services provider has said that the total scholarship value of at least
N40 million, would be spread across four years and disbursed in tranches of N100,000 per academic year. The firm also said that subsequent disbursement of the funds would be based on the maintenance of at least second-class upper grade and good conduct of the student as referenced by the university.
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2020-2021 Scholarship Details
The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the university in your admitted degree program. The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State. The Scholarship will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated. Total scholarship value of at least N40 million would be spread across four years and disbursed in tranches of N100,000 per academic year
Host Country: Nigeria
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Reward: 100,000 NGN Yearly
Deadline: 24 October 2020
Eligibility Criteria For Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2020-2021
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship (The “Scholarship”) by Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC (“Stanbic IBTC”, “we” or “us”) is only available to Applicants (“Applicants”, “They” or “You”) who:
- reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2020 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- have a score of 200 and above in JAMB
- have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University (“University”) with relevant evidence
The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the university in your admitted degree program
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2020-2021
- The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first-come, first serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of Work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT, and so on).
Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
The decisions of Stanbic IBTC are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship.
Entry/applications for the Scholarship is open to applicants from 01 September 2020 to 24 October 2020, no application shall be accepted after the entry/application expiration date
By applying, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, the rules/terms and conditions (as may be amended, supplemented, or novated), which are final and binding on all the applicants. Winning/receiving a scholarship is contingent upon you meeting all the eligibility criteria, fulfilling all the requirements, and complying with all the conditions.
This scholarship is not (at all) sponsored by, run by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
Acceptance of Scholarship
Please note, if you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions and other accompanying documents on your behalf
Also, note the following;
- Successful applicants will receive an email to confirm the outcome of their application and they will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide
- The email received from a Stanbic IBTC authorized email will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing, and other important information as required
- They will then receive other documents and forms which they will be asked to fill, sign and return, to confirm that they agree to the terms and conditions as stated herein
- If Successful Applicants do not wish to accept the scholarship they have been offered, they should advise us immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
- Failure to accept the scholarship offer within the period specified in the notifying email will result in forfeiture of the offer
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund
- Successful Applicants may be required to provide additional evidence via a link that would be provided to them or via a Stanbic IBTC authorized email. The additional evidence will include providing the admission letter from the admitting University.
Retention of Scholarship
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the degree program they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative policies of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of the second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of the same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
Method of Application For Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2020-2021
- Go to any of our social media pages on Instagram (@stanbicibtc), Twitter (@stanbicibtc), and Facebook (@stanbicibtc) and look for the post
- Click on the link, fill the required details, attach requested documents and submit
Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
To know more about KAUST Visiting Student Research Program (VSRP) Internship, please visit the official website:
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.