Staffordshire University 2021 Fully Funded Scholarship In The UK: Staffordshire University is pleased to announce a 3-year fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship in the School of Computing and Digital Technologies, to commence in January 2021 or April 2021.
Staffordshire University Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are only offered for Ph.D. This Scholarship covers an annual stipend of £15,285 with Ph.D. tuition fees waived for three years.
Start your study adventure in the UK. Good news! Staffordshire University Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about Staffordshire University Scholarship, its benefits, and step by the step application process.
The applicant will be expected to take up to 250 hours of teaching or teaching-related activities per academic year in the School of Computing and Digital Technologies. This is also an excellent opportunity to develop your academic portfolio with HE teaching experience and benefit from the University’s training programs. The posts are located on the Stoke-On-Trent campus.
Applications are invited for a 3-year fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship in the area of Adaptive Neural Networks.
Machine Learning solutions are critically dependent on their training. Neural Networks can only perform a specifically defined task and are unable to learn a process or a function that evolves in context. To solve these context changing problems, different techniques have been proposed but they still fall short in several aspects.
Neuroevolution is one of the most promising methods, which constitutes a general and effective method that can be applied to a wide range of problems. It presents several advantages concerning alternative training methods for neural networks. Therefore, more work needs to be done to improve the adaptation of current neural network models including Neuroevolution methods, so that they can adapt and evolve in context.
During your Ph.D. project, you will explore relevant solutions and develop and experiment with new adaptive models, which will be tested on relevant benchmarks and some real-world applications such as healthcare, games, and finance.
Eligibility Criteria for Staffordshire University 2021 Fully Funded Scholarship In The UK
To be eligible for Staffordshire University Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- You will have or expect to have a UK Honours degree at 2.1 (or above), in Computer Science or related areas. A relevant Masters degree, or equivalent qualifications in Artificial Intelligence or related areas in Computer Science, is highly desirable
- International applicants whose first language is not English are required to achieve IELTS 6.5 with a minimum score of 6 in each element
- Good fundamental knowledge and experience in AI, Neural Networks, and Deep Learning
- Excellent programming Skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good Writing and Communication Skills
- Able to teach in Programming
Staffordshire University Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
The successful candidates will receive an annual stipend of £15,285 with Ph.D. tuition fees waived for three years. You will be expected to take up to 250 hours of teaching or teaching-related activities per academic year in the School of Computing and Digital Technologies.
- Artificial Neural Networks
How to Apply for Staffordshire University 2021 Fully Funded Scholarship In The UK
Please follow the below steps to avail Staffordshire University Scholarship:
- Prepare all of the following documents:
- Copies of degree certificates.
- List of 10 most relevant academic references.
- Ph.D. research proposal based on the project description above (Proposals on other projects will not be considered for the scholarship). Your proposal should be between 1000 and 1500 words (tables, figures and academic references are not part of the word count). The application without a proposal will not be considered. Your proposal should cover the following:
- A Critical Literature Review on the related work
- Research Gaps
- How you intend to address the research gaps and potential contribution to knowledge
- Aims and Objectives and research plan for Ph.D. completion
- List of 10 most relevant academic references
- Submit your application to Professor Elhadj Benkhelifa ([email protected] ) by the deadline, with the following documents.
|Deadline: October 11, 2020||Institution(s): Staffordshire University|
|Level of Study: Ph.D||Study in: UK|
To know more about Staffordshire University Scholarship, please visit the official website:
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.