South African Institute of International Affairs Offers Chatham House Robert Bosch Stiftung Academy Fellowship for International Students in UK, 2019:
Chatham House Robert Bosch Stiftung Academy Fellowship, 2019 is funded by for Sub Saharan African Students. The scholarship allows a Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of Political and Economic Development in Africa taught at the South African Institute of International Affairs.
SAIIA is a South African research institute on regional and international issues. It is an independent, non-government think-tank whose purpose is to encourage wider and more informed awareness of the importance of international affairs.
Ph.D. degree program.
Field of Study:
The scholarships are open to study the Ph.D. coursework degree in Political and Economic Development in Africa.
Benefits include full access to the Academy’s Leadership Program, Alumni Program, 5-year complimentary Chatham House membership and Academy Associate status (awarded upon the successful completion of the fellowship). Fellows also have access to the staff canteen providing complimentary tea, coffee, and lunch and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. Modest provision is also made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
The successful applicants of Chatham House – Robert Bosch Stiftung Academy Fellowship, 2019 will receive:
- Monthly stipend of GBP 2,295.
- Relocation costs.
- Fieldwork expenses.
- Publication costs.
Students from Sub Saharan African Countries are eligible to apply.
This fellowship is open to citizens of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa comprising of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, DRC, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applications will also be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes one of these countries.
South African Institute of International Affairs Offers Chatham House Robert Bosch Stiftung Academy Fellowship for International Students in UK, 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible, must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply.
- Selected applicants will get the opportunity to participate in the Academy’s Leadership Program.
- He/She will build links with policy and academic communities in Central Europe and Africa.
- The fellowship is intended for future leaders, researchers, and decision-makers.
- Applicants will conduct a research project of their own design.
- With an emphasis on political and economic development in Central Europe and Africa.
- During the course of the fellowship, the applicant may conduct a research trip.
- He/She will get to spend time at the German Council on Foreign Relations in Berlin.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- To apply, please complete the application form and submit electronic copies of the following documents:
- Scanned copy of the photo page of your passport (to confirm you meet the nationality requirements)
- Interviews will be conducted in May/June 2019 via Skype.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
The deadline is April 29, 2019