Schlumberger Faculty For The Future Fellowships For Developing Countries 2020-2021: This is a funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for Ph.D. and Post Doctoral studies. This scholarship is valued at a maximum of USD 50,000 per year for a Ph.D. and a maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies. The application is strongly encouraged by female citizens of a developing country or emerging economy.
The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future program supports women from developing countries in their pursuit of advanced graduate studies in STEM at leading universities worldwide.
‣ The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships program also has an extended mission to encourage community building through in-person forums, to create an international community of women leaders who will support scientific development and act as change agents in their home countries.
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue Ph.D. or Post-doctoral research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at leading universities worldwide.
|Deadline: November 09, 2020||The institution (s): Leading universities worldwide|
|Level of Study: Ph.D. (Doctoral)/ Post Doctoral||Study in: Any Country|
Eligibility Criteria for Schlumberger Faculty For The Future Fellowships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
To qualify for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is the citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award, you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- are preparing for a Ph.D. degree or post-doctoral research in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. Awards in biological sciences are limited to interdisciplinary research between physical and biological sciences. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- are enrolled, admitted, or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record;
- have a proven track record of teaching experience or can demonstrate a commitment to teaching;
- can demonstrate active PARTICIPATION in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences;
- are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home university, pursuing relevant research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year for a Ph.D. and a maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies.
- Renewal grants are subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendations from supervisors, and strong evidence of re-integration plans in the home country.
The Foundation has awarded new fellowships for the 2020-2021 academic year to 155 women and has also extended 135 existing grants. This year the program attracted a total of 1166 new and renewal applications.
The fellowship is to be hosted by Schlumberger Foundation and taken abroad.
How to Apply for Schlumberger Faculty For The Future Fellowships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
Please follow the following application instructions to Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships:
- Create your account.
- Validate your account from a verification message sent to your e-mail, check your e-mail.
- Login to your account.
- Press ”Your Application” for 2021.
- Complete your online application form and attach the required documents, then Submit.
To know more about Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, please visit the official website:
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.