Oxford University Nuffield College 2021 Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Sociology: Nuffield college plans to designate with effect from 1 September 2021 or as quickly as time permits from there on, two Postdoctoral Prize Exploration Colleagues (PPRFs) in Human science, extensively understood to incorporate human science, demography, social and clinical insights, open strategy, and social arrangement.
Applicants who wish to undertake interdisciplinary research in Sociology which includes Economics and/or Politics are also welcome to apply for the Fellowships.
The College particularly encourages applications from candidates who work or plan to work in the field of one or more of the College’s Sociology Fellows.
The key responsibilities of the Research Fellows are to engage in advanced study and independent scholarly research in sociology broadly construed (as above); to disseminate research findings through publication and participation in conferences and seminars; and to take part in the intellectual life of the College by organizing seminars, workshops, or conferences.
Research Fellows may also undertake ad hoc paid teaching or supervision within the collegiate University, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Eligibility Criteria For Oxford University Nuffield College 2021 Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Sociology:
- To be eligible, candidates should have completed, or be close to completing, a Ph.D./DPhil in a relevant field.
- Candidates must be within three years of the defense date (viva voce examination date) of their doctorate at the time of application. Allowances will be made for career breaks (for example, family-related leave) and candidates are asked to provide relevant information.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously held a research fellowship similar to that advertised for more than one year at the time of taking up the fellowship.
- Prospective candidates should also have experience of carrying out independent research and a track record of excellent quality papers appropriate for and commensurate with their career level.
- They should have the willingness to contribute to the intellectual life of the College, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application Deadline: 28th September 2020
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award:
- The salary offered is £32,150 per annum (salary for 2019/20; the salary to be adjusted with effect from August 2020 following the agreement of the 2020/21 pay award). Subject to availability,
- Research Fellows may opt to rent single accommodation in College. Benefits include a research allowance and free lunch and dinner in College.
Duration of Award: The posts are full-time and fixed-term for three years, starting on 1 September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
How to Apply For Oxford University Nuffield College 2021 Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Sociology:
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the ‘Apply’ link below. This will take you to the Interfolio Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register for an account (if you have not done so previously) and log in before completing an online application.
For the online application you will be asked to complete an application form and a recruitment monitoring form, and to upload the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria for the Fellowship.
- A Curriculum Vitae including a full list of publications/working papers.
- A one-page description of your current research.
- A one-page description of the research you would plan to undertake as a Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellow; and
- Two samples of your written work (for example, research papers or thesis chapters), together with a one-page abstract for each piece.
On the application form, you will be asked to provide the names, postal addresses, and email addresses of at least two academic referees to whom we may write at a later stage in the selection process to request references in support of your application. Please ensure that your nominated referees would be available to provide references in October 2020.
If you have any technical difficulties submitting your online application, please contact Interfolio at [email protected]. For other queries, please contact the Nuffield College Registrar at [email protected].
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.