ONGOING | MaryLand Hispanic Gala $2,000 Scholarship 2019:
The Maryland Hispanic Gala is a 100% volunteer-run event, established by a group of Hispanic County employees and community leaders instituted to raise funds and awareness to develop highly educated Latino professionals while providing critical financial assistance that will increase graduation rates from post-secondary education in Montgomery County and the State of Maryland.
The Hispanic Gala brings together stakeholders, organizations, elected officials, the business community, philanthropists, and the Hispanic community that is committed to assist and support the youth achieve a high level of education, promote post-secondary education in the community while building strong, diverse and united communities throughout the State of Maryland.
We are focused on our backyard. The Gala documents their work meticulously as they are accountable to investors, partners, key stakeholders, and the community, the annual financial statements are open to the public.
Level/Field of Study
The Hispanic Gala scholarship opportunity is available to all qualifying students from diverse communities in the state of Maryland. The Hispanic Gala is the most significant and marquee social, political, and philanthropic event of its kind in the State.
The Scholarship is designed for High School Senior wishing to pursue their College degree/ University degree at Maryland University.
ONGOING | MaryLand Hispanic Gala $2,000 Scholarship 2019 Host Nationality
The Scholarship os hosted in the United State of America
The Scholarship is opened to College Students from the USA. Are you a Student pursuing a college degree at Maryland University this opportunity is solely for you
Hispanic Gala Scholarship Worth
Scholarship funds of $2,000.00 are disbursed in mid-December. The cheque is sent directly to the Office of the Bursar of the student’s school.
Hispanic Gala Scholarship Requirements
- Must have graduated from a Maryland High School or obtained a Maryland GED in the last four years High school/College/University grade point average of 2.5 or greater to be applying for the scholarship
- Must attend a Maryland College or University in the Spring next year
- Demonstrate significant contribution of voluntary community service during the last 12 months.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Resident or Dreamer, as defined by the Maryland Dream Act.
- Must have proof of the financial need to continue higher education The Maryland Hispanic Achievement Scholarship is open to all qualifying students from our diverse community in the State of Maryland
How to Apply for Hispanic Gala Scholarship
Applicants must write a 500 Word Essay (not more than 500 words) on the topic “How has lived in a diverse community changed or shaped your personal view of the world we live in and the choices of career goals to better compete in this day and age?”
Applicants can apply for the scholarship through the link: http://marylandhispanicgala.org/scholarship.html
You will need to provide the following required documents;
- A formal letter of recommendation from a community organization e.g. church, non-profit
- Document with proof of family finances. Submit one of any documents: 2016 Income Tax Return (1040) or Copy of 2017 FAFSA Summary (only first 5 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor, teacher, or professor. (To be sent to [email protected])
Applicants are expected to submit ONLY ONE OF ANY OF THESE DOCUMENTS
2018 Income Tax Return, a Copy of 2018 FAFSA, 2018 W-2 Forms or 1099; or Documentation of Unemployment.
All communications between the Scholarship Review Committee and the student will be via email. The Scholarship Review Committee has the right to select several candidates for an interview, and selected interviewees will be notified of the date, time, and place of their interview.
But not all persons selected to be interviewed will be awarded the scholarship. Scholarships are awarded on a yearly basis and are a one-time award for the selected students. Scholarship funds of $2,000.00 will be disbursed to the Spring of the following year and are paid directly to the student’s school.
Payments are made when evidence of current registration in the applicable semester or quarter of at least 6 credits has been received.
The committee reserves the right to make exceptions based on the qualifications and/or extenuating circumstances of the applicant. If awarded, Scholar acknowledges and agrees to the following;
- Participate in a production walk-thru at The Fillmore during the month of August
- Attend the Gala Event on the scheduled date
- Provide a digital professional photograph of self
The deadline for application submission is June 30, 2019.