Nigerian defense academy (NDA): this is to inform the public that an online application for admission to the 71st regular course of the Nigeria Defense Academy (NDA), Kaduna, will be available from October 22, 2018, to March 14, 2019. Admission to the NDA is open to Nigerian males and females.
Screening Test Date and Requirements
- The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on “Saturday 13th April 2019”
- Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
- The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, JAMB Reg No, State, Screening Test Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
- Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Requirements for Admission into Academic Departments of the Nigerian Defence Academy
Candidates eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) must have the following:
- Passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and attained an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other two subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB brochure.
- The course applied for on JAMB and NDA portal must be the same.
- The choice of UTME subjects combination must be relevant to the course applied for an NDA.
- Minimum of 5 O level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO and NABTEB) in English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Candidate be up to 17 years but not less than 21 years by 1August 2019.
- Note: Candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 19 years old at entry.
- The Nigerian Air Force has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 meters tall for maleand 1.65meters for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must have a BMI of between 18.5 – 25.5 kg/m2 to be considered for selection.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the State Government or Local Government Area.
- Working knowledge of French, Arabic or Mandarin language is an added advantage.
Candidates are to note the following:
- Application forms submitted without O levelresults will not be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only O level examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, but Nigerian Air force does not accept femalecandidates for now.
The requirements for the various undergraduate degree programs are described in the NDA Application Website / Portal or in the following link. All other information on programs of study, admission criteria and testing centers are available on the application portal of the NDA website.
Nature and Duration of Training
- Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course wilt, undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Airforce cadets.
- On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honors degree in a core discipline (B.Sc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA and the cost of their administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Screening Test Conditions
Only candidates who meet the admission criteria and have achieved the UTME score of 180 in the Arts and social sciences, while receiving 210 points in engineering, can print the test ticket and participate in the NDA screening test.
Application Closing Date
14th March 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Click here for more information
Create an Account:
- Your first step to apply to the Nigerian Defence Academy is to create an account.
- Click Here to create an account. if you already have an Account, click to login to the portal. Your account will enable you to purchase a form and also complete your application over several sessions. You will access your secure application in subsequent sessions by signing in under “Login” or “Application Status”. If you have started an application previously, you can always log in to continue. The system will prompt you on how to complete the application. Once satisfied with the application, click on submit!
- Applicants can pay for their applications Online via the portal or via REMITA Retrieval Reference RRR at any Nigerian bank of choice. Ensure you have completed the previous step “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” to proceed.
- To pay Online, Login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay Online’.
- To pay via at any Nigerian bank of choice, login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay at Branch’
- The application will guide you through the rest of the straightforward payment process
- The online upload of required application documents is necessary, it is therefore advised that you please come along with the originals of this uploaded documents for sighting during your interview. Your application information is maintained on a secure server and remains confidential prior to submission. Use the Support link to get help or assistance during the completion and submission process.
- Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials have been uploaded and submitted along with your application.
- Your application will be reviewed online by the appropriate admissions officer as soon as it is submitted to the Nigerian Defense Academy Online. All required application procedures must be completed by the relevant application deadline.
- Check the status of your application by logging into this system with the login details assigned to you for the application.
- Only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal will be accepted
- Dear Prospective Student, Admission into The Nigerian Defence Academy is STRICTLY by merit. We will never ask for money to influence admission. Please beware.