Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) Government Of Japan Internship Program 2020-2021: From the aspect of Japanese companies’ promoting overseas business expansion and creating innovation from a new point of view, utilizing highly-skilled foreign professionals is considered to contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of Japanese companies. Although the number of Japanese companies planning to hire global talent has increased in recent years, it has not been sufficiently achieved, especially in Small and Medium-Sized companies, due to their short on the experience of working with the global talent and lack of networks.
Due to the influence of COVID-19, it has been difficult for people to come and go. Based on these circumstances, we will conduct the online international internship program this year. The internship activities will be carried out in a designated overseas workspace without the intern’s visit to Japan.
Organization: METI Japan Internship Program
Country to study: Japan
Course to study: not specified
Gender: Men and Women
Application deadline: October 15, 2020
Aim and Benefits of Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) Government Of Japan Internship Program 2020-2021
- Daily allowance (as the expense of lunch, drinks, and commuting from your accommodation to the Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- Internship insurance
- PC, Lan, WIFI settings, and office telephone at Satellite Office. (Mobile phone expense will be paid by the intern him/her self .)
Requirements for METI Japan Internship Program Qualification
Highly-skilled foreign professionals who are currently living other than Japan, Nationality of OECD countries which is on the DAC list (Excluding China).
Persons who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities, etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office. (5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in an internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in an internship following the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in teleworking
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
Main responsibilities of interns
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in an internship during the designated period.
- Strive for good communication as much as one can in teleworking
- Taking responsibility for their safety and health thoroughly. Contact the Program Office and the host company regularly, continually reporting or consulting with them.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during the internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior is required as a recipient of public funds from the Japanese government.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) Government Of Japan Internship Program 2020-2021
- The screening process will be conducted based on information contained in the application form aptitude and experience/ability as an intern, understanding of the program purpose, and any conditions or requests for the host company.
- Selection will be conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- Various certification documents regarding University qualifications or language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, etc. are required to submit individually.
- Following registration information and the results of interviews, the Program Office will set up ideal matching, prioritizing combinations that are expected to achieve the purpose of this program.
- The Program Office will notify host companies and intern applicants of the results of matching. After the mutual agreement has been reached, matching will be accepted.
- After matching is established, the cancellation can not be made at the convenience of the company or intern.
- After the approval by the Screening Committee, a letter of notification of acceptance will be sent both to the intern and to the host company. Based on this notification, at the same time,host company and intern start the preparation of the internship.
October 15, 2020
How to Apply For Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) Government Of Japan Internship Program 2020-2021
Interested and qualified? Go to METI Japan Internship Program on internshipprogram.go.jp to apply
- Registration is acceptable on an online basis by using the registration form on the Program Office website.
- Selection is conducted through document screening, first interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- During the selection process, various documents (qualification from university, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs are required to submit individually.
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.