Henry David Thoreau Foundation grants up to $ 20,000 in college scholarships to eight to ten postgraduates in public or private high schools in Massachusetts. As Henry David Thoreau scholars, these select high school students can enroll at any college or university in the world, while they are in more or less important in an environmental related field.
Henry David Thoreau Foundation Scholarships is a four-year scholarships for students in public or private high schools in Massachusetts. Henry David Thoreau high school students can attend all universities and colleges around the world while studying in an environmental field. Henry David Thoreau scholars are encouraged to intern or study abroad to increase their awareness and understanding of environmental issues.
You must apply using our online application.
The online application and any supplementary materials are due February 1st.
You will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by April 30th.
To apply for the Henry David Thoreau Scholarship you must:
- reside in Massachusetts and be in your final year at a Massachusetts high school.
- plan to enroll in college the year that the Thoreau scholarship is awarded.
- demonstrate strong academic qualifications and a commitment to an environmental field.
Thoreau Scholar Requirements
If selected as a Thoreau Scholar you must:
- enroll at an accredited college or university of your choice.
- carry 25% of your undergraduate coursework in subjects related to the environment (you may choose any major/minor).
- submit an annual report of your activities in the environmental field, including academic courses.
- provide an official copy of your transcript at the end of each semester and maintain greater than a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Henry David Thoreau Scholars has studied a variety of environmental related topics, including biology, epidemiology, oceanography, international affairs, and environmental law. Upon completion of their studies, they become members of the Henry David Thoreau Society. Thoreau Scholar graduates have published articles in the Henry David Thoreau Environmental Digest, launched global environmental health projects and created companies and organizations, including animation company Oxbow, with clients such as WildAmerica and the Center for Food Safety, CrowdAI satellite image start-up and Equitable Origin energy charity.
Henry David Thoreau Foundation also supports its scholars by identifying internships in the field, awarding internship grants and providing networking opportunities. After graduation, the Henry David Thoreau scholars are admitted to the Henry David Thoreau Society. The support provided by former scholars to scholars is a testament to the success of the Henry David Thoreau Foundation’s mission to promote environmental leadership.
An online application is available. Students have until February 1 to apply
Visit thoreauscholar.org. for more info!!