Harvard University Academy Scholars Programme for International Ph.D. Students 2020: Academy Scholars are appointed for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas. The Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in cultures or regions outside of the US or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
Each year, four to six Academy Scholars are named for two-year appointments at the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
Value of Award: Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000. If selected before earning the Ph.D., the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of$31,000 until awarded the Ph.D. This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
All Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ONGOING | Maryland Hispanic Gala $2,000 Scholarship 2020
- Warren Buffett Scholarship 2020
- UNICAF Scholarship 2020
- HEC Indigenous Scholarship For 5000 Pakistani Students 2020
- Dora scholarship Estonia- Tallinn University of Technology 2020
- Postgraduate Scholarships 2020/2021 for Nigerian Students To Study In UK
- $400k Mike Rowe Scholarship Program 2020 [UPDATED]
- Redhead Scholarship 2020 | USA Scholarships
Eligibility For Harvard University Academy Scholars Programme for International Ph.D. Students 2020:
- Applications are welcome from qualified persons without regard to nationality, gender, or race.
- The competition for these awards is open only to recent Ph.D. (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a Ph.D. should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars. If you have completed a Ph.D. program, the Ph.D. completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For applicants applying for the October 1, 2020 deadline, you must have completed your Ph.D. or equivalent after September 30, 2017.
- The Selection Committee considers all applicants in one applicant pool.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Type: PhD, Postdoctoral
Number of Awards: 4 to 6
Duration of Programme: 2 years
How to Apply For Harvard University Academy Scholars Programme for International Ph.D. Students 2020: All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of October 1. We do not accept late applications.
The completed application will include:
- A cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including a list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your Ph.D. program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.”
Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline of October 1.
All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as pdf documents. The online application is accessed through the homepage of The Harvard Academy’s website. To access the application, click on the APPLY ONLINE button.
Questions should be emailed to:
You may include footnotes, endnotes, and/or bibliographies in your proposed research statement, but they are not required. If you do give references, they will not count towards the 2500-word maximum for the research statement.
We require no copies of published papers or abstracts as part of our application process. Do not include them in your application.
Regarding transcripts from foreign universities: our reviewers read many applications from those at foreign universities and request as much transcript-like official documentation as the Registrar at your university can provide, for all graduate work—both for the Masters and Ph.D. programs in which you have been or are currently enrolled. Your institution most likely gets these requests often and can provide the required paperwork to you upon request.
Hi! Allscholarshipforum believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.