IDEAS Master Scholarship Program is now open to applicants for the academic year 2019-2020. In total, 30 full scholarships will be awarded to Vietnamese candidates.
The aim of the Irish Aid IDEAS Scholarship Program is to give talented candidates the opportunity to complete higher education and training in Ireland to contribute to the future development of Vietnam.
Vietnam, which is four times larger than Ireland, has more than 88 million inhabitants in 2014, according to the United Nations Human Development Index, and ranks 121st out of 187 countries, compared to 11th in Ireland . Ireland’s commitment to Vietnam through Irish Aid aims to reduce poverty and inequality by implementing programs to strengthen basic services and reduce poverty, to socially protect poor and the most vulnerable in society, to promote inclusive economic development, the private sector and the private sector. improved accountability declares their citizens.
- Applications Deadline: January 11, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programs at Irish higher education institutions.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the following subjects:
- Agriculture and Rural Development, Environmental Science
- Food Science
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Management, and Business Related
- Economics, Finance, and Accounting
- Others: Tourism and Hospitality Management, Interactive Digital Media, Creative Practice, Public Relations
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship awards cover: visa fee, international airfares, full tuition fees, public health insurance, the monthly stipend to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, settling-in allowance, and books. Scholarships are for individuals for full-time study of up 12 months duration for Masters programmes.
- Nationality: These scholarships are available to Vietnamese candidates.
- Number of Scholarships: A total of up to 30 full scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to Vietnamese candidates.
Years of experience: Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience after undergraduate education.
Academic qualification: Academic qualifications required by your chosen course.
Language proficiency: English: IELTS: 6.5 overall (Academic); no band under 6.
IELTS results must not be older than 24 months on September 1, 2019. TOEFL certificate is not accepted
Language requirements in English may vary by course and institution, with some courses offering minimum scores in each group. Please check the specific requirements of the course you have chosen on the course website. Please note that an IELTS certificate is always required if a candidate has studied English at the Bachelor level, as proof of proficiency in the language is still required to apply for courses in Ireland.
Commitment: – Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of their home country on completion of studies.
– Be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
– Provide a letter of reference from the employer.
– Meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Vietnam.
English Language Requirements: English: IELTS: 6.5 overall (Academic); no band under 6.
IELTS results must be no more than 24 months old by 1st September 2019. TOEFL certificate is not accepted
English language requirements can vary across courses and institutions, with some courses stipulating minimum scores in each band. Please check the specific requirements of your chosen course on the course webpage.
Please note that an IELTS certificate will still be required even in circumstances where an applicant has studied in English at the undergraduate level as evidence of language proficiency may still be required when applying to courses in Ireland.
How to Apply: To apply, please fill in the attached application form.
A completed application package should include the following documents listed by order:
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages).
- A certified copy of academic transcript and degree.
- Letters from two academic referees with original signatures (not e-signatures).
- A certified copy of English language certifications.
- Copy of your passport (identity page only) and Vietnamese identity card, each on A4 sized paper.
- One letter of reference from your employer.
- Three copies of completed application form, available at www.embassyofireland.vn (go to News & Events), should be submitted
ALSO READ: ARKANSAS SCHOLARSHIP LOTTERY