Georg Forster Developing and Transition Countries Research Award In Germany 2021: The Georg Forster Research Award is granted in recognition of a researcher’s entire achievements to date to academics of all disciplines whose fundamental discoveries, new theories, or insights have had a significant impact on their own discipline and beyond and who are expected to continue developing research-based solutions to the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany through the Humboldt Foundation is offering six Georg Forster Research Awards for students from developing countries. Women researchers are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries (excluding the People’s Republic of China and India). See List below
To be taken at (country): Germany
Eligible Fields: Research programs offered by the university
- The Selection Committee makes its decision solely on the basis of the nominees’ academic qualifications and the relevance of their research to the development of their own countries.
- The applicants must have had their main residence and place of work in one of these countries for at least five years at the time of their nomination.
Eligible Criteria For Georg Forster Developing and Transition Countries Research Award In Germany 2021
- -Nominees must be nationals of a developing or transition country (excluding the People’s Republic of China and India; cf. detailed list of countries).
- -Furthermore, at the time of nomination, they must have had their main residence and place of work in one of these countries for at least five years.
- -The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation particularly encourages the nomination of qualified female researchers.
Number of Scholarships: up to six Georg Forster Research Awards annually.
Value of Scholarship: The award amount totals €60,000. In Germany, research awards are generally exempt from income tax under German tax law.
Duration of Scholarship: The project duration of about six to twelve months may be divided into segments.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Ecuador, Macedonia, Samoa Albania, Egypt, Madagascar, Sao Tomé, Príncipe Algeria, El Salvador, Malawi, Senegal, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Malaysia, Serbia, Antigua and Barbuda, Eritrea, Maldives, Seychelles, Argentina, Ethiopia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Armenia, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Azerbaijan, Fiji, Mauritania, Somalia, Mauritius, South Africa, Mexico, South Sudan, Bangladesh, Gabon, Micronesia, Fed. States, Sri Lanka, Belarus, Gambia, Moldova, Rep. St. Kitts and Nevis, Belize, Georgia, Montenegro, St. Lucia, Benin, Ghana, Morocco, St. Vincent, Bhutan, Grenada Mongolia, the Grenadines, Bolivia, Guatemala, Mozambique, Sudan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Guinea, Myanmar, Suriname, Botswana, Guinea-Bissau, Swaziland, Brazil, Guyana, Syria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Namibia, Tajikistan, Haiti, Nauru, Tanzania, Honduras, Nepal, Thailand, Nicaragua, Timor-Leste Cambodia, Indonesia, Niger, Togo, Cameroon, Iran, Nigeria, Tonga, Cape Verde, Iraq Niue Tunisia, Central African Republic, Turkey, Chad, Jamaica, Turkmenistan, Chile, Jordan, Tuvalu, Colombia, Pakistan, Comoros, Kazakhstan, Palestinian territories, Congo, Dem. Rep. of Kenya, Palau, Uganda, Congo, Rep. of the Kiribati, Panama, Ukraine, Cook Islands, Korea, Dem. PR of Papua New Guinea, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Kosovo, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, Cote d’Ivoire, Kyrgyzstan, Peru, Cuba, Philippines, Vanuatu, Laos, Venezuela, Lesotho, Rwanda, Vietnam, Dominica, Lebanon, Dominican Republic, Liberia, Djibouti, Libya, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply For Georg Forster Developing and Transition Countries Research Award In Germany 2021
- To apply, please register and create an online nomination for a Georg Forster Research Award.
- Please visit the Guidelines for completing the nomination on the Humboldt Foundation’s website for further information on the selection procedure.
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.