Fulbright U.S. Student Program, 2020:
Fulbright U.S. Student Program, 2020 is funded by US Students. The scholarship allows Masters level program (s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Any University. The deadline of the scholarship is September 16, 2019
Degree Level: Masters
Available Subject: Any program/subject offered by the chosen university.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program USA 2020-2021 is a fully-funded scholarship and provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers tuition, a living stipend, airfare and health insurance, etc. The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study.
- See the official website and country-specific websites for the complete list of scholarship benefits.
All Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ONGOING | Maryland Hispanic Gala $2,000 Scholarship 2019
- Warren Buffett Scholarship 2019
- UNICAF Scholarship 2019
- HEC Indigenous Scholarship For 5000 Pakistani Students 2019
- Dora scholarship Estonia- Tallinn University of Technology 2019
- Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for Nigerian Students To Study In UK
- $400k Mike Rowe Scholarship Program 2019 [UPDATED]
- Redhead Scholarship 2019 | USA Scholarships
Eligible Nationalities: citizens of U.S
To be eligible for Fulbright Foreign Student Program USA 2019-2020, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students from 155 countries around the world.
- Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country.
- Please see the country-specific websites to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
Fulbright U.S. Student Program, 2020 Requirements:
- Applicants of Fulbright U.S. Student Program, 2020 should be citizens of the U.S.
- Permanent residents are ineligible.
- Applicants must have been granted a bachelor’s degree or equivalent before the grant starts.
- Four years of professional experience/training is required for people in the field of creative and performing arts.
- Candidates applying for Fulbright U.S. Student Program, 2020 should be in good health and successful applicants must submit a satisfactory Medical Certificate.
- Applicants should be proficient in written and spoken the language of the host country.
- Applicants, at the time of application, may hold a J.D.
- Doctors of Medicine can obtain grants for an advanced level of study but not for internships or residencies.
- The following are the preferred qualifications for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, 2020:
- Preference will be given to those who haven’t received a Fulbright grant previously.
- Candidates whose higher education was taken place at educational institutions in the United States will be given preference.
- Applicants who have not stayed/studied in the country they’re applying to for more than 6 months excluding the undergraduate study period abroad are preferred.
- Applicants with extensive previous foreign experience in the host country will be given lesser preference but can still apply.
How to Apply for Fulbright Foreign Student Program?
It is important to visit the official website for country-specific procedures. But here are the important instructions to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
- Make Online Application
To apply to the Fulbright program you need to assemble a variety of materials to help the USEFP assess your qualifications. All materials must be submitted with your application.
- Prepare Academic Transcripts and Degrees
All transcripts and degrees from a 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent – equivalent programs include international three-year bachelor programs or ACCA. Ph.D. applicants must also submit their MPhil or MS degrees and transcripts. You can also apply while in your final year of undergraduate studies provided that you get your degree by December this year.
The USEFP looks at your transcripts from a holistic perspective – not just your GPA. They take into account where you went for your education, the courses that you took and your performance in individual courses. They also account for the fact that different universities have different grading systems. There is no minimum GPA to apply, although most successful Fulbright students have strong undergraduate records. Undergraduate academics are just one factor the Fulbright panel uses to evaluate a candidate.
- Take GRE General Test and TOFEL
When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GRE score given on the day of the test, or your official score if you have received it. Every applicant must request that ETS send an official score report directly to USEFP using the code 9388. GRE general (international) test scores are required at the time of application. A decent score for Engineering and Sciences on the GRE is 315+ and that for other fields is 310+. GRE subject test is not required.
The minimum GRE score required to apply for the Fulbright is 138 for verbal and 136 for quantitative. But generally, accepted applicants have a GRE score in the upper percentiles. If you take the GRE test multiple times, you may report your best score, and Fulbright will only look at that score. TOEFL is NOT required at the time of the application submissions. You will have to take the TOEFL exam if you are called for an interview. IELTS is not acceptable.
- Prepare Two Essays
There are two essays for the Fulbright application. Each essay must be written in the space provided in the application form, which approximates to 800 words. Don’t over craft your essays; just write in a clear language so that the Fulbright panel that doesn’t know your world can understand you better. Before starting the essays you are going to need to figure out a marketing strategy for yourself. Successful applicants generally take 4-6 weeks writing and perfecting their essays.
- 3 Recommendation letters are required
You will need to have three recommendations submitted with your application by the application deadline. You can have 3 academic reference letters, or 2 academic and 1 professional or 2 professional and 1 academic. In other words, 1 academic reference letter is a must. Your referees need to fill the reference forms given in the application package and then sign, stamp and seal them in an envelope. Once you submit your online application your referees will be sent an online form via email.
There is no set formula for “who should write your references”. Sometimes it is also not possible to ask your employer to write your recommendation – USEFP does not want to jeopardize your current position for the application process. Just find people who know you well enough to answer them. It can be a former employer, teacher or researcher.
- Prepare Academic Resume
A current and most up-to-date resume should be added to the space provided on the application form. You do not need to have it in any special format.
- Submit Online Application
There is no application fee for the Fulbright program. Applications must be submitted online.
After your written application has been submitted and reviewed, you may be invited to a panel interview. Interview decisions are made by mid-September and interviews are conducted in October. If you do not hear from USEFP by October it automatically implies that you have not been selected. The interview is a positive indicator of selection but is not a guarantee of admission. Interviews are 15 to 30 minutes and are conducted by a panel of 4 people. You have to take your TOEFL registration slip with you on the day of the interview and it is not mandatory to have taken the TOEFL exam by the interview date.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) and the country-specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about Fulbright Foreign Student Program USA 2019-2020, please visit the official website: