Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 At The University of Toronto Canada: The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not disciplined specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto. Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor, or supervisors, from the professoriate within the Faculty of Arts & Science
Since the first classics, chemistry, philosophy, and physics classes were taught at King’s College — U of T’s precursor — in 1843, the Faculty of Arts & Science has evolved into one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in North America and established itself as the heart of one of the world’s leading universities.
The University of Toronto is awarding the Postdoctoral fellowships at the Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) in Canada. These opportunities are open to citizens of all countries and from all universities.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2020 at 11:59 pm EST.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Any research discipline across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
Eligibility For Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 At The University of Toronto Canada:
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all requirements for their doctorate no earlier than May 1, 2019.
- Applicants cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country and from any university. Successful international candidates must meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: These fellowships pay a stipend of $48,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum of two years.
How to Apply For Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 At The University of Toronto Canada:
- Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure ([email protected])The form includes a one-page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that a reference list or bibliography is not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure ([email protected]).
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure ([email protected]).
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
Source: University Of Toronto
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.