Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2020/2021: The Fellowship awards annually the sum of US$10,000 to the fellows. Also, it enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies around the globe.
The Zonta International offers Amelia Earhart Ph.D. Research fellowship to women of any nationality enrolled in Aerospace-related Sciences and Aerospace-related Engineering at any University or College offering the Accredited Degrees.
Women who demonstrate superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
About Zonta International Foundation
Globally, women make up around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry. To carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the Amelia Earhart Fellowship. The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart.
Zonta International established the Amelia Earhart Fellowship in 1938 in honor of legendary pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. Today, the Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to 35 talented women, pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering around the globe.
Aim and Benefits of Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2020/2021
- Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually
- The Fellowship enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies around the globe.
- Amelia Earhart Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
Application deadline: 15th November 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Women from Any Country
To be taken at (country): Any University or College offering Accredited Degrees in any country.
Zonta International Foundation Ph.D./Doctoral Courses
- Aerospace-applied sciences
- Aerospace-applied engineering
Offered Since: 1938
Eligibility Criteria For Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2020/2021
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
- Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2022.
- Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Note that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Fellowship: One year (current fellows can reapply to renew the fellowship each year)
How to Apply For Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering 2020/2021
Interested and qualified? Go to Zonta International Foundation on zontainternational.awardspring.com to apply
You may download a PDF version of the application, but please note this is for preparation purposes only. Hard copy and email applications will not be submitted. You must complete your application using the online form
For more details, please visit the scholarship website
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.