AI for Development (AI4Dev) Challenge for Arab & African Countries 2020: AI4Dev is organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and Facilitated by NilePreneurs, in partnership with UN Agencies and other local and international organizations.
AI for Development (AI4Dev) 2020 is a challenge that aims to identify great ideas in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and utilize its impact on 4 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Arab & African states.
Value of Award: If you can innovatively provide a solution for one of our targeted SDGs, your idea will be selected to receive mentorship and training from experts in the field, guidance in developing prototypes and exposure while presenting to industry experts, in the attendance of representatives from UN, and multinational organizations.
Above all of that, 4 winners will be granted prizes valued as follows:
- 1ST Place Winner – 5K USD
- 2ND Place Winner – 3K USD
- 3RD Place Winner – 2K USD
- 4TH Place Winner – 2K USD
Selection Criteria For AI for Development (AI4Dev) Challenge for Arab & African Countries 2020: Wondering if you have what it takes to be a part of the change and become acknowledged by ITU as an emerging innovator in the Arab & African states?
- Problem Relevance: Does your idea relate to at least one of the four stated tracks of SDGs and apply to at least the country of submission?
- Solution Urgency: Is your product needed urgently and will impact vulnerable groups and beneficiaries?
- Solution Scalability: Is the solution you are offering scalable with minimal investments needed in new geolocations?
- Team Requirements: Are you a diverse team of not less than 2 with at least 1 female member, and have the business and technical skills needed to move forward with your idea? If you don’t have a team, Click here to team up!
- Use of AI: Is AI the core of your idea and is being used innovatively as an integral part of the solution?
- Data Acquisition: Is the data planned sufficiently to sustain your model? Do you know how to acquire your needed data
Eligible Field(s): With this challenge, we are targeting AI integrated solutions for one of the below United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well Being
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry Innovation and Infrastructure
Application Deadline: 17th November 2020.
Number of Awards: 4
How to Apply For AI for Development (AI4Dev) Challenge for Arab & African Countries 2020: All it takes to Create an impactful AI solution with ITU is to pass through 5 Milestones:
- 01 Application: You will be requested to provide information about yourself & your team as well as a brief about your Idea.
- 02 Selection: All Applications will be evaluated, and applicants will be shortlisted according to the evaluation metrics.
- 03 Challenge: The applicants will receive different types of technical and business support from experts in the field.
- 04 Judging: Judges will evaluate the applicants’ ideas and prototypes, shortlist them, and choose the winners according to criteria.
- 05 Closing Ceremony: The ceremony will take place virtually where the winners will be notified, and the prizes will be announced.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Disclaimer: All Content, Logo, and Company names are registered trademarks of their respective holders. The use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.